Transfer of Ichthys Project equity to Toho Gas
INPEX CORPORATION (INPEX is pleased to announce today that INPEX Ichthys Pty Ltd and other project group companies have reached an agreement with Toho Gas Co., Ltd. (Toho Gas) to transfer its 0.42% of the Ichthys LNG project equity interest(*).
Based on the agreement, the Ichthys LNG project equity interest will be as follows:
- INPEX = 74.380%
- TOTAL = 24.000%
- Osaka Gas = 1.200% (subject to the approval by the Australian government)
- Toho Gas = 0.420% (subject to the approval by the Australian government)
(*) the Ichthys LNG project equity interest includes the following elements:
- Participating interest of WA-37-R (Ichthys gas-condensate field)
- Participating interest of WA-285-P (exploration permit adjacent to WA-37-R)
- Shares of Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd (natural gas liquefaction and LNG marketing company)
The Ichthys LNG Project Joint Venture is seeking the continued support from the Australian Government, the Western Australian Government, the Northern Territory Government and other stakeholders for early and optimal commercial gas production from the Ichthys LNG Project.